Honestly, here are the only 4 things we need to do to lose weight and maintain weight. We need to do them everyday and for every meal.
• Plan what you are going to eat for the whole day and write it down (It works best if you do it the night before).
• Don’t eat a meal/snack until you are hungry (tummy growl, thinking about eating).
• Stop eating your meal/snack when you are satisfied, not full. Throw the extra food away or save it for another meal.
• Drink enough water so your pee is pale yellow. For me it is 40-64oz a day. (decaf coffee and tea count, caffeinated stuff makes you pee more and get dehydrated).
• Sleep 6-8 hours every night.
The hunger scale helps to understand when to eat (-2) and when you are satisfied (+2):
Hangry Sweet Spot Full
(Starving)-10——5——-2—-0—-2——-5——-+10 (Won the wing bowl)
If you aren’t hungry at your break time or lunch then wait to eat. Hunger comes and goes in gentle waves and if you feel hungry and cannot eat then just wait 15 minutes or so and the hunger will pass. Keeping hydrated helps reduce the hunger wave intensity and frequency.
Each time you wait till your hunger is at a -2 and stop eating when your hunger is at a +2 you are no longer overeating at that meal. You will give your body less food to turn into sugar and make your body go after the stored fat inside your body that you want to get rid of. We call this DINING IN☺
Eat whatever food you want right now. You don’t need to get special food. You don’t need to count calories. You just need to learn how to eat less and BE CONSCIOUS OF WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER EACH MEAL!
It takes about a month to get these actions into habits. They don’t happen by unicorn magic. We actually have to do them. I had never listened to my body telling when I was hungry but since I eat 3 meals a day I practiced it 3 times a day and by the end of the week I was so much more aware of what my body was telling me.